Saturday, October 12, 2019

Weight data after 3 months travel.


I have Diabetes Mellitus type 2.

I was 283 pounds 2-17-06


I lost 80 pounds with Jorge Cruise 3 hour diet.  A traditional 1500 calorie diet that prevented hunger by eating every 3 hours.

I slowly regained 50 pounds despite 2.5 hours exercise a day.

In Jan 2011 I switched to LCHF or Atkins diet.

I did not lose weight but I stopped gaining 1.5 pounds a month.

I decreased my exercise dramatically and I was not hungry.

Later I went on diet medications and returned to 210 pounds.

It is clear to me you cannot outrun your fork.

It is also clear to me that a reduced obese never loses his fat cells.

The subsequent low leptin level causes weight regain at a 2000 calorie diet despite exercise slowly over the years.

I call this the Sponge syndrome of the Reduced obese which is why people can't maintain weight loss over 5-10 years.

Here I am almost 5,000 days later (13 years, 7 months, 25 days) I have maintained a 70 pound weight loss without hunger and 20-40 minute walking and intermittent light weight lifting. 


During my 3 month vacation I ran out of my diet medication Belviq.  It did not seem to make a difference.

I still was injecting 3.0 mg of Victoza each day and on Invokana.

My glucose ran about 30 points higher than usual
 but apparently I stayed in ketosis as per before and after with blood ketone levels greater than 2.0. 

I was on a 12 day Oceania cruise from NYC to Montreal.
September 27 to October 8, 2019.
I purchased a beverage package for $60/day.
You can't drink all day,
if you don't start first thing in the morning. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

update trials of Alzheimers

 The best part of the day is when I have a bowel movement.   Recently started Miralax. I found MOM too harsh. Pacing helps but I get exhaust...